NOTE: When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from the
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Security classification - Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or-set.
(4) Repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement, "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a
given figure in both Section II and Section III.
QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group or an assembly. A
"V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.
Explanation of Columns (Section IV).
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of NSN the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When using this column to
locate an item, NIIN ignore the first four digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering
items by stock number.