1-5. SAFETY, CARE, AND HANDLING (Cont).
b. Read and become familiar with all WARNINGS in the
Warning Summary at the front of this manual.
c. Throughout this manual, WARNINGs are placed as
they pertain to specific operational or maintenance
procedures. Read these warnings and follow them
d. The following are safety regulations which must be
followed when operating or maintaining the tampers:
(1) Read through this manual and become familiar
with its contents before operating or performing
any maintenance on the tamper.
(2) Before performing any maintenance on the tam-
per, ensure that the engine is shut down and
spark plug cable is disconnected,
(3) Never operate the tamper in an explosive atmo-
sphere, near combustible materials, or where
ventilation is not sufficient to carry away ex-
(4) Ensure that all safety guards are in proper posi-
tion and secure. Keep hands, feet, and clothing
away from moving parts when starting and op-
erating the tamper.
(5) Never leave the tamper running unattended.
(6) Do not operate the tamper on any surface
where it can tip or become out of control.
(7) Keep work area free of all bystanders.