ARMY TM 9-2805-256-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-102-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-611-14E
4 - 4 0 . E x h a u s t M a n i f o l d .
This task covers:
a . R e m o v al
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Gasket, Exhaust Manifold Mounting
Cylinder head covers removed (para. 4-14).
Rags, Wiping (Item 6, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 7, Appendix D)
a. R e m o v a l . (figure 4-35)
(1) Remove two nuts (1) securing exhaust manifold (2) and gasket (3) to cylinder head (4).
W A R N I NG
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C-60°C).
(2) Clean exhaust manifold with drycleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(3) Inspect exhaust manifold for cracks or other signs of damage and replace as needed.
Installation. (figure 4-35)
(1) Ensure gasket surfaces are clean.
(2) Position exhaust manifold (2) and gasket (3) on cylinder head (4) and secure with two nuts (1). Tighten
nuts to 60-85 in. Ibs (10716-15181 gr cm).
4 - 72