ARMY TM 9-2805-256-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-102-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-611-14E
4-26. Oil Fill Tube and Gage Assembly.
This task covers:
a . R e m o v al
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
a. R e m o v a l . (figure 4-17)
(1) Lift locking cam (1) on oil fill tube (2) and remove oil fill gage (3) from tube.
N O TE
Remove oil fill tube only if it is damaged and needs to be replaced.
(2) Gently tap oil fill tube on either side to loosen it and remove it from crankcase (4).
(3) Inspect packing (5) on fill gage (3) and replace if torn or otherwise damaged.
Installation. (figure 4-17)
(1) Position oil fill tube (2) in crankcase (4) and gently tap tube straight into crankcase.
(2) Position oil fill gage (3) in fill tube (2) and secure with locking cam (1).
4 - 38