ARMY TM 9-2805-256-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-102-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-611-14E
4 - 2 9 . B r e a k e r P o i n t s A s s e m b l y ( B r e a k e r P o i n t I g n i t i o n ) .
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Engine Oil (Item 2, Appendix D)
a. R e m o v a l. (figure 4-20)
(1) Unsnap two clips (1) securing breaker points cover (2) and move cover out of way.
(2) Remove screw (3) and washer (4).
(3) Loosen screw (5) and remove connector bar (6) from breaker points (7).
(4) Remove two screws (8) and washers (9) and remove breaker points (7).
b . I n s p e c t i o n .
(1) Inspect contacts (10) for pits or other signs of wear, and replace breaker points as needed.
(2) Inspect cam follower (11) for cracks or wear. Replace breaker points as needed.
4 - 4 4
N O TE
Do not tighten right hand screw completely at this time.
Position breaker points (6) in governor housing (12) and secure with two screws (7) and washers (8).
Rotate engine by hand until cam follower (11) is on highest point of ignition cam (13).
Set point gap at .016 to .020 in. (.040 to .050 cm) and tighten right hand screw.
Connect connector bar (6) to breaker points (7) and secure with screw (3) and washer (4).
Tighten screw (5).
Using clean engine oil, lubricate cam wick (14) sparingly.
Install breaker point cover (2) and secure with two clips (1).