ARMY TM 9-2805-256-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-102-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-611-14E
4 - 3 2 . B r e a t h e r L i n e.
This task covers:
a. Removal (oil bath)
d. Removal (dry)
b. Inspection (oil bath)
e. Inspection (dry)
c. Installation (oil bath)
f. Installation (dry)
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Rags, Wiping (Item 6, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 7, Appendix D)
Sleeve, Rubber (NSN 5365-00-215-7421)
Removal. Oil Bath.
(1) Loosen coupling nut (1) from rocker cover (2).
(2) Loosen coupling nut (3) from air cleaner (4) and remove breather line (5).
b. I n s p e c t i o n .
W A R N I N G
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C-60°C).
(1) Clean breather line with drycleaning solvent.
(2) Ensure there are no obstructions in line.
(3) Inspect coupling nuts for signs of striped threads or other damage, and replace breather line if damage is
c. Installation. Oil Bath. (figure 4-23)
(1) Position breather line (5) on rocker cover (2) and finger tighten coupling nut (1).
(2) Position breather line (5) on air cleaner (4), tighten coupling nut (3), and finish tightening coupling
4 - 50