ARMY TM 9-2805-257-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-103-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-612-14E
5-22. Noise Suppression Filter (Breaker Point Ignition).
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Flywheel removed (para. 4-38).
Multimeter (NSN 6625-01-139-2512) ) (Item 2,
This engine is equipped with two noise suppression filters, the removal and installation
procedures are the same for each.
a. Removal. (figure 5-23)
(1) Tag and remove wiring from suppression filter (1).
(2) Remove nut (2) and washer (3) and remove suppression filter
(1) Check for continuity between ends of noise suppression filter and replace if continuity is not present.
(2) Check for continuity between ends of noise suppression filter and body, and replace if continuity is
Installation. (figure 5-23)
(1) Position suppression filter (1) in bearing cap (4) and secure with nut (2) and washer (3).
(2) Connect wiring as tagged to suppression filter (1).