ARMY TM 9-2805-257-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-103-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-612-14E
4-18. High Tension Cables.
This task covers:
GeneraI Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Flywheel cover removed when replacing flywheel side
Multimeter (NSN 6625-01 -139-2512)
ignition cable on engines equipped with breaker point
(Item 2, Appendix B)
ignition (para. 4-14).
a. Removal. (figure 4-6)
If removing high tension cables on engines with breakerless ignition system, perform step
3 only. The high tension cables are located between ignition control unit and spark plugs.
Perform step 1 only if flywheel cover is still installed.
(1) Remove screw (1) and washer (2) and remove cable clamp (3) securing high tension cables (4).
Perform step 2 only if flywheel side high tension cable is being removed.
(2) Remove two screws (5) and washers (6) and remove high tension cable access plate (7).
(3) Loosen cable nuts (8) and remove high tension cable (4).
(1) Perform continuity test between spring ends of cable. Replace cable if no continuity is found.
(2) Perform continuity test between metal cable ends of cable. Replace cable if continuity is not found.
(3) Perform continuity test between spring end and metal cable end. Replace cable if continuity is found.
(4) Replace cable if damaged.
c. Installation. (figure 4-7)
(1) Install high tension cables (4) and tighten cable nuts (8).
(2) Install high tension cable access plate (7) and secure with two screws (5) and washers (6).
(3) Install cable clamp (3) on high tension cables (4) and secure with screw (1) and washer (2).