ARMY TM 9-2805-257-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-103-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-612-14E
4-20. Air Cleaner.
This task covers:
a. Service (oil bath)
b. Service (dry)
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Rags, Wiping (Item 6, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 7, Appendix D)
Oil, OE/HDO 15W-40 (Item 2, Appendix D)
a. Service. Oil Bath. (figure 4-9)
(1) Unsnap two retaining clips (1) and remove lower cup (2) of air cleaner assembly.
(2) Pour oil into suitable container and remove element (3).
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C60°C).
(3) Clean both halves of the air cleaner assembly and the element in drycleaning solvent.
(4) Dry everything thoroughly.
(5) Install element (3) in lower cup (2), and fill with oil to LEVEL line.
(6) Install lower cup (2) and secure with two retaining clips (1).