ARMY TM 9-2805-257-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-103-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-612-14E
4-23. Air Cleaner Element.
This task covers:
a. Removal (oil bath)
c. Removal (dry)
b. Installation (oil bath)
d. Installation (dry)
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Rags, Wiping (Item 6, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 7, Appendix D)
Oil, OH/HDO 15W-40 (Item 2, Appendix D)
Removal. Oil Bath. (figure 4-14)
(1) Open two retaining clips (1) securing lower cup (2) and remove.
(2) Pour out oil into suitable container and remove element (3) from lower cup (2).
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C60°C).
(3) Clean lower cup with drycleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
Installation. Oil Bath. (figure 4-14)
(1) Place element (3) into lower cup (2) and fill with oil to LEVEL line.
(2) Install lower cup (2) and secure with two retaining clips (1).