ARMY TM 9-2805-258-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-21
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-614-14E
This task covers:
a . R e m o v a l
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Top cover removed (para. 4-21)
Multimeter (NSN 6625-01-139-2512)
(Item 2, Appendix B)
a. R e m o v a l . (figure 4-34)
(1) Disconnect regulator-rectifier connector (1) from left side shroud (2).
N O T E
Model 2A042-2 is equipped with a grounding strap. Make note of placement before
(2) Remove three assembled screws and washers (3) and remove regulator-rectifier (4).
(3) Remove screw (5), Iockwasher (6) and flat washer (7) and remove fuse cover (8).
(4) Remove two fuses (9) and replace if burnt out or otherwise damaged.
b . T e s t .
(1) Start engine (para. 2-9) and operate at 3400-3600 RPM.
(2) Connect AC alternator leads to the regulator-rectifier.
(3) Connect DC regulator-rectifier leads to a battery or batteries, with an ammeter and a volt meter in the
circuit. Meter readings should be as follows:
N O T E
Depending on condition of batteries used, meter reading can be anywhere between
minimum and maximum reading.
Low Charge Battery
Full Charge Battery
Amperes (approx) 5-9
(approx) 0-1. 5
Volts (approx) 25.0
4 - 7 4