ARMY TM 9-2805-258-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-21
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-614-14E
4-43. Governor Oil Tube.
This task covers:
a . R e m o v al
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Top cover removed (para. 4-21).
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
a. R e m o v a l . (figure 4-38)
(1) Loosen fitting nut (1).
(2) Loosen fitting nut (2) and remove governor oil tube (3).
W A R N I NG
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
properly. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F.-138°F. (38°C.-6O°C.).
(3) Clean governor oil tube (3) with drycleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(4) Inspect governor oil tube (3) and replace if fitting nuts threads are stripped or otherwise damaged.
(5) Ensure there are no obstructions in governor oil tube (3).
(6) Inspect fittings (4) and replace if damaged.
. (figure 4-38)
Install governor oil tube (3) and tighten both fitting nuts (1) and (2).
4 - 82