ARMY TM 9-2805-258-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-21
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-614-14E
5-9. Oil Pump Gears, Spacer and Oil Pump Cover.
This task covers:
a . R e m o v al
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Flywheel removed (para. 5-7).
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Gasket, Oil Pump Cover Mounting
a. R e m o v a l . (figure 5-3)
(1) Remove four assembled screws and washers (1) and remove fan housing pIate (2).
(2) Remove seven nuts (3) and Iockwashers (4) and remove oil pump cover (5) and gasket (6).
(3) Remove two oil pump gears (7), key (8) and spacer (9).
W A R N I NG
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F.-138°F. (38°C.-60°C.).
(4) Clean all parts in drycleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(5) Inspect gears (7) and spacer (9) and replace worn or otherwise damaged items. Refer to Table 5-2 for
Installation. (figure 5-3)
(1) Install spacer (9), key (8) and oil pump gears (7).
(2) Install oil pump cover (5) and gasket (6) and secure with seven nuts (3) and Iockwashers (4).
(3) Install fan housing plate (2) and secure with four assembled screws and washers (1).
5 - 8