ARMY TM 9-2805-258-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-21
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-614-14E
4-14. Air Cleaner Element.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Detergent (Item 2, Appendix D)
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
a. S e r v i c e. (figure 4-2)
(1) Loosen clamp (1) and remove hose (2) from air cleaner body (3).
(2) Unsnap two clips (4) and remove air cleaner body (3).
(3) Remove air cleaner element (5) from body (3).
(4) Remove restriction indicator (6).
W A R N I N G
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F.-138°F. (38°C.-6O°C.).
(5) Clean air cleaner body (3) and head (7) with drycleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(6) Clean element (5) with detergent and water and dry thoroughly.
(7) Install element (5) in body (3).
(8) Install body (3) and secure with two clips (4).
(9) install hose (2) and tighten clamp (1).
(10) Install restriction indicator (6).
(11) Press reset button (8) on restriction indicator (6).
4 - 10