ARMY TM 9-2805-258-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-21
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-614-14E
This task covers:
T o o ls
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Top cover removed (para. 4-21).
Multimeter (NSN 6625-01-139-2512)
(Item 2, Appendix B)
a. R e m o v a l . (figure 4-23)
C A U T I ON
Electrical leads are permanently attached to thermostatic switch.
(1) Tag and remove preheater lead from choke solenoid (1).
(2) Tag and remove preheater lead from starter (2).
(3) Loosen clamp (3) and remove hose (4) from preheater (5).
(4) Remove clamp (6) and remove preheater (5).
(5) Inspect both halves of preheater (5) and replace items as necessary.
b . T e s t
(1) Connect one lead of multimeter to one lead of preheater.
(2) Set multimeter for checking continuity and connect second lead of multimeter to remaining lead of
(3) If continuity is not present, replace preheater.
c Installation. ( f i g u r e
4 - 2 3 )
4 - 52
Install preheater (5) and secure with clamp (6).
Connect preheater lead to starter (2) as tagged.
Connect preheater lead to choke solenoid (1) as tagged.
Install hose (4) on preheater (5) and secure with clamp (3).