(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the
entry for each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments
supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased propor-
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column
5 for a given figure in both Section II and Section Ill.
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a
repair part of the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used
in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group,
or an assembly. AV appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and
may vary from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column Iists the NSN by National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN
should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located.
The figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section Ill.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the ad-
jacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alpha-
numeric sequence (i e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter
or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or
digit in like order).
(1) CAGECcolumn. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numer-
ic code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc.,that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individu-
al, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located
in Sections II and Ill.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.