ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-90-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
4-39. Intake Manifold Adapters.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Top cover removed (para. 4-36).
Wrench, Torque (NSN 5120-00-640-6364) (Item 2,
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Gasket Intake Manifold (P/N 9786 E26-4)
a. Removal. (figure 4-35)
(1) Remove two screws (1) and washers (2) securing intake manifold adapter (3) to cylinder head (4).
(2) Loosen clamp (5) and remove intake manifold adapter (3) and gasket (6).
(3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 for remaining intake manifold adapters.
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F138°F (38°C-60°C).
(4) Clean intake manifold adapters in drycleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(5) Inspect intake manifold adapters and replace if cracked or otherwise damaged.
b. Installation. (figure 4-35)
Insure all gasket mating surfaces are clean and free of old gasket material.
Loosen clamp (5) and install intake manifold adapter (3) in intake hose (7) and tighten clamp (5).
Install intake manifold adapter (3) and new gasket (6) and secure with two screws (1 )
Torque screws to 45-50 in. lb (8037-8930 gr cm).
Repeat steps 1 through 3 for remaining intake manifold adapters.
and washers (2).