ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-901
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
4-42. Oil Filter Head.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
0il filter removed (para. 4-41).
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Gasket, Oil Filter Head Mounting
a. Removal. (figure 4-39)
(1) Remove three screws (1) and washers (2) and remove oil filter head (3) and gasket (4)
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C-60°C).
(3) Clean oil filter head (3) with drycleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(4) Inspect oil filter head (3) for cracks and replace if cracked or otherwise damaged.
Installation. (figure 4-39)
(1) Ensure gasket mounting surfaces are clean, and free of old gasket.
(2) Install oil filter head (3) and new gasket (4) and secure with three screws (1) and washers (2).