ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-90-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
4-49. Breaker Points (Breaker Point Ignition).
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Breaker point cover removed (para. 4-44).
Oil, Engine (NSN 9150-01-152-4117) Item 3,
a. Adjustment. (figure 4-49)
(1) Rotate the starter rope pulley (1) until the cam follower (2) is on the highest point of the ignition cam (3).
(2) Loosen screw (4) and adjust point gap to 0.016-0.020 in. (0.406-0.508cm).
(3) Tighten screw (4), and recheck gap, repeat step (2) if gap is incorrect.
(4) Repeat steps 1 through 3 for upper breaker points (5).
(5) Lubricate cam wick (6) sparingly with clean engine oil.