ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-90-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
5-20. Oil Pan and Screen.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Drain plug removed (para. 4-41).
Oil pan cover removed (para. 4-35).
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Gasket, Oil Pan Mounting (NSN 5330-00-867-8775)
a. Removal. (figure 5-17)
(1) Remove twelve screws (1) and washers (2) and remove oil pan (3) and gasket (4).
(2) Remove two screws (5) and washers (6) and remove oil pan screen (7).
b. Inspection. (figure 5-17)
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash pint of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C-60°C).
(1) Clean all items in drycleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect oil pan (3) for cracks and replace if cracked or otherwise damaged.
(3) Inspect oil pan screen (7) and replace if torn or otherwise damaged.
Installation. (figure 5-17)
(1) Install oil pan screen (7) and secure with two screws (5) and washers (6).
(2) Install oil pan (3) and gasket (4) and secure with twelve screws (1) and washers (2).