ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-90-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
This task covers:
General Mechanics TOOI Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Intake manifold removed (para. 4-38).
Cylinder heads removed (para. 5-7).
Piston and connecting rod removed (para. 5-22).
Camshaft removed (para. 6-12).
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Crankshaft removed (para. 6-13).
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Seal Kit (NSN 2805-00-937-0947)
a.Replace (figure 6-10)
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F (38°C-60°C).
(1) Clean crankcase (1) with drycleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect crankcase (1) for cracks, and the cylinders (2) for wear, and replace a cracked, worn, or
otherwise damaged crankcase. Refer to table 6-2 for wear limits.
(3) Remove crankshaft bearing (3) and replace.
(4) Remove breaker point shaft bearing (4) and replace.
(5) Inspect oil seal (5) and replace if worn or otherwise damaged.
(6) Inspect flywheel housing mounting studs (6) and (7) and replace if threads are damaged.
6 - 22