ARMY TM 9-2805-262-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-90-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-613-14E
4-26. Carburetor Adapter.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Carburetor removed (para. 4-25).
Rags, Wiping (Item 7, Appendix D)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 8, Appendix D)
Gasket, Adapter to Intake Manifold
Replacement. (figure 4-20)
(1) Remove two screws (1) and washers (2) and remove carburetor adapter (3) and gasket (4).
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F-138°F(38°C-60°C).
(2) Clean carburetor adapter (3) in drycleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(3) Inspect carburetor adapter (3) for cracks and replace if cracked or otherwise damaged.
(4) Ensure gasket surfaces are clean and old gasket material is removed.
(5) Install carburetor adapter (3) and new gasket (4) and secure with two screws (1) and washers (2).