Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only in well-ventilated areas. Avoid
contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Dont breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flames or excessive heat. The flash point 100 °F-138oF
(38°C-50oC). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get
medical aid. If contact with eyes Is made, wash your eyes with water
and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 PSI.
Use only with effective chip guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves etc.).
(1) Clean air heater body and fuel injector nozzle with cleaning solvent and dry with
(2) Inspect electrode, fuel injector nozzle, and air heater body for cracks, pitting, or wear.
(1) Install two connectors (33) into air heater body (37).
(2) Install adapter (31) into connector (33).
(3) Install fuel injector nozzle (38) into air heater body (37).
(4) Screw electrode (29) into air heater body (37).
Using gap gages, adjust wire (39) to electrode (29) to obtain air gap of 0.080 inch.
Do not install air box heater body on engine until all ignition coil testing is complete.
(1) Install two bolts (34), two Iockwashers (35), air heater assembly (30), and gasket (36) onto
block. Torque bolts to 13-17 Ib-ft (1 8-23 N-m).
(2) Connect hose (1) to adapter (31) on air heater assembly (30).
Test air nozzle assembly (38) by applying power (18 V dc) to air pump and feel for
suction at fuel line connector (33). If no suction is felt, replace air nozzle assembly.
(3) Connect hose (32) to connector (33) on air heater assembly (30).
(4) Connect high tension lead (28) to electrode (29).