4-10. AIR BOX HEATER REPLACEMENT
Dry cleanlng solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only In well-ventilated areas. Avoid
contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Dont breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flames or excessive heat. The flash point Is 100oF-138°F
(38°C-50oC). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get
medical aid. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes with water
and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 PSI.
Use only with effective chip guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves etc.).
(1) Clean solenoid valve and bracket with cleaning solution. Dry with compressed air.
(2) Inspect fuel hoses for cuts, tears, kinks, or damage.
(3) Inspect wiring harness for cuts, tears, burns, or damage.
(1) Install two screws (76), two Iockwashers (77), and solenoid valve (52) to bracket (20).
Model 7083-7396 uses a connector instead of an elbow for item (49) on the solenoid
(2) Install elbows (49 and 51) to solenoid valve (52). Tighten securely.
(3) Install four screws (71), four Iockwashers (73), and four nuts (72) securing wiring harness
connector (74) to bracket (20).
(4) Screw wiring harness connector (70) onto solenoid valve (52).
Connect fabricated test lead to terminal on solenoid valve (52). Apply a 24 V dc power
source and listen or feel to confirm valve is opening and closing as power is applied. If no
indication of movement is present, replace solenoid valve.
Disconnect power source and test lead from solenoid valve (52).