4-11. ENGINE ROCKER ARM COVER AND
This task covers:
CRANKCASE BREATHER REPLACEMENT
Engine oil (App C, Item 16)
Cleaning solvent (App C, Item 10)
TOOLS AND SPECIAL TOOLS
General mechanics tool kit (App B, Item 96)
Torque wrench (App B, Item 101)
4-13 Ai r inlet housing removed (7083-7399)
MANDATORY REPLACEMENT PARTS
5 - 2
Air inlet tube removed (7083-7396)
1 Gaskets (App F, Item 24)
This procedure is for the left bank. Removal and installation for the right bank is similar
except the right bank has no oil fill hole. Repeat the same steps for the right bank
except those involving the filler cap, cap chain, chain hook, and sediment strainer.
(1) Remove hose clamp (1) securing breather hose (2) to breather (3). Remove hose.
(2) Remove two bolts (4 and 5), two flat washers (6), and two resilient mounts (7) securing
rocker arm cover (8) to cylinder head. Remove rocker arm cover.
(3) Remove rocker arm cover gasket (9) from rocker arm cover (8).
(4) Remove three screws (10) securing filtering disk retainer(11), fluid filtering disk (12), and
breather retainer (13) to breather (3).
(5) Remove seal (14) from rocker arm cover (8).
C h a n g e 1