4-17. GOVERNOR COVER AND THROTTLE CONTROL ROD
This task covers:
MANDATORY REPLACEMENT PARTS
1 Gasket (App F, Item 82)
2 Cotter pins (App F, Item 7)
TOOLS AND SPECIAL TOOLS
4-10 Air box heater removed (7083-7395 and
General mechanics tool kit (App B, Item 96)
Rocker arm covers removed
6-11 Air box heater removed (7083-7398 and
a . R e m o v al
(1) Remove eight screw assemblies (1) from governor cover (2).
(2) Remove governor cover (2) and gasket (3). Discard gasket.
N O TE
Position clean rag over cylinder head oil drain holes, left and right bank, to prevent
cotter pins from failing into engine.
(3) Remove two cotter pins (4) and two clevis pins (5) on left and right bank of engine. Discard
two cotter pins (4).
(4) Remove connecting pin (6) and connecting screw (7) from governor (8).
(5) Remove two fuel connecting rods (9 and 10) through ieft and right bank cylinder heads (11).
Install fuel control rod (10) through left bank and fuel control rod (9) through right bank,
Connect right bank control rod (9) in governor (8) with connecting screw (7).
Connect left bank control rod (10) in governor (8) with connecting pin (6).
Install two clevis pins (5) in right and left bank fuel control tube clevs (12) and fuel control
rods (9 and 10).
Install two cotter pins (4) in clevis pins (5) on left and right banks.