4-24. FLYWHEEL HOUSING REPLACEMENT (Cont)
(7) For models 7083-7391,7083-7395, and 7083-7396, remove five bolts. (23), five Iockwashers
(24), bolt (25), and copper washer (26) from right bank flywheel housing cover (27). Remove
cover (27) and gasket (28) from flywheel housing. Discard gasket, copper washer, and
(8) Remove bolt (29) and Iockwasher (30) from right side of flywheel housing behind cover (27).
For model 7083-7395, remove four bolts (31) and four Iockwashers (32) (other four
attaching bolts and Iockwashers were removed with turbocharger mounting bracket).
For models 7083-7391,7083-7396, 7083-7398, and 7083-7399, remove eight bolts (31)
and four Iockwashers (32).
(9) Remove two bolts (33), two flat washers (34), bolts (31 ), and Iockwashers (32) from two
flywheel housing inspection covers (35). Remove covers and mating gaskets (36) from
flywheel housing. Discard gaskets and Iockwashers.
Effective after engine number 8VA-349268, shim (37) is used with flywheel housing.
(1 O) Strike front face of housing on each side alternately with a soft headed hammer to work it off
dowels and away from cylinder block end plate. Remove housing (2), shim (37), and
flywheel housing gasket (38) from engine. Discard gasket.
(11) Remove four guide studs (10) from cylinder block.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact
with skin, eyes, and clothes and dont breathe vapors. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100oF-138°F (38°-50oC).
If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air
immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is made, wash your
eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean the flywheel housing with cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect flywheel housing for cracks or damage.
4 - 8 2 Change 1