Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable.
goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated
contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and dont breathe vapors. Do not
use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100oF-138°F
(38oC-50oC). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get
fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 PSI.
Use only with effective chip guarding and personal protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc.).
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent and dry with compressed air. Inspect all parts.
(2) Inspect all bearings and shafts for corrosion, pitting, rough spots and excessive wear.
(3) Inspect governor housing for cracks, warpage, and damaged threads.
(4) Inspect governor weights after assembly for free movement.
(5) Inspect governor cover for cracks, wear on pins, or shaft deflection.
For models 7083-7391 and 7083-7396
only, install external starting aid screw (86)
through inside of governor housing (3) and
secure nut (87) on outside of governor
If removed, install pin (59) in
operating lever (61).
Install adjusting screw (85) and
locknut (84) in operating lever (61).
Coat inside diameter of operating
shaft upper bearing (83) with engine
oil. Using an arbor press, install upper
bearing (83), numbered side up, on
large end of operating shaft (78).
Using an arbor press, install
operating lever (61 ), with pin (59)
facing up, onto operating shaft (78),
alining flat on lever with flat on shaft,
until flush with operating shaft (78).
Install spacer (82) onto operating
C h a n g e 1 5-69