7-14. CRANKCASE BREATHER
CRANKCASE BREATHER TUBE
Remove bolt (17), nut (18), and
Iockwasher (19) securing clip (20)
and tube (21 ) to bracket (22). Remove
tube. If necessary, remove clip from
tube. Discard Lockwasher.
Loosen two clamps (23) securing
hose (24) to tube (21) and breather
pipe (25). Remove tube from hose.
Remove two clamps (23) from hose
(24). Remove hose from breather pipe
If necessary, remove nut (26) and
Iockwasher (27) from bolt (28)
securing bracket (22) to flywheel
housing. Discard Iockwasher.
Do not remove breather pipe unless
damaged. Removal of pipe will
destroy it and require its
(5) If necessary, remove breather pipe
(25) from cylinder block.
(1) Inspect breather pipe and tube for
cracks, holes, or other damage.
(2) Inspect hose for cuts, cracks, or
(1) If removed, secure bracket (22) to bolt (28) with nut (26) and Iockwasher (27) to flywheel
housing. Torque bolt 25-30 Ib-ft (34-41 N-m).
(2) If removed, drive new breather pipe (25) into cylinder block with a piece of wood and soft-
headed hammer until distance from surface of block to top of pipe is 5.75 inches (14.6 cm).