8-2. ENGINE PREPARATION FOR START-UP (Cont)
(4) Disconnect lubricator hose and install oil gallery
(5) Install rocker arm covers.
(6) Check and fill crankcase to proper level.
Prelubricate any stored or repaired engine prior to start-up. Oil gallery and associated
components will have insufficient oil during the time Iag following start-up. Bearing
damage from lack of lubrication could result.
c. Prelubrication of Oil Gallery (Without Pressure Lubricator)
(1) Remove rocker arm covers.
(2) Pour lubricating oil on rocker arm assemblies.
(3) Install rocker arm covers.
(4) Check and fill crankcase to proper level.
d. Prelubrication of Turbocharger
Disconnect oil supply line at turbocharger bearing (center) housing.
Fill bearing housing cavity with oil while rotating assembly by hand to coat internal bearing
surfaces with oil.
Connect turbocharger oil supply line.
Privacy Statement -
Copyright Information. -