ENGINE OVER SPEEDS
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Troubleshooting Table and Diagnostic Tests
General mechanic's tool kit (item 121, WP 0176)
Track Vehicle Repairer (2) 63H10
Engine installed in vehicle.
Over speeds during vehicle operation.
a. Vehicle operating on steep downgrade.
(1) Apply vehicle brakes to avoid over-speed.
b. Cooling fans malfunction.
(1) Inspect cooling fans (WP 0053, Cooling
(2) Inspect cooling fan drives (WP 0129, Fan
Drive Clutch Assembly and Associated
c. Governor improperly adjusted.
(1) Adjust per TM 9-2910-212-34&P or replace
fuel injection pump (WP 0101, Fuel
Injection Pump Assembly Replacement).
Engine speed excessive with accelerator pedal released.
a. Accelerator or throttle stuck or
(1) Inspect throttle linkage (WP 0122, Throttle
Control and Manual Fuel Shutoff
Replace/Repair). (WP 0123 for 2DR)
b. Fuel control stuck.
(1) Refer to WP 0020, Fuel System Abnormal
c. Fuel injection pump governor defective.
(1) Replace fuel injection pump (WP 0115,
Fuel Injection Pump Assembly
END OF WORK PACKAGE
WP 0011 00-1 (2 blank)