ENGINE ABNORMAL OIL PRESSURE
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Troubleshooting Table and Diagnostic Tests
General mechanic's tool kit (item 121, WP 0176)
Track Vehicle Repairer (2) 63H10
Engine installed in vehicle or ground hop.
Low oil pressure, temperature normal.
a. Low oil level.
(1) Refer to WP 0031, Engine Oil Replacement.
b. Seasonal grade of oil improper (oil too
(1) Check oil in engine. Drain and refill with
light) for ambient temperature.
proper grade of oil (refer to pertinent
c. Oil diluted with fuel.
(1) Refer to Malfunction 9 in this work
d. Pressure sending unit or gauge defective.
(1) Check electrically (refer to pertinent vehicle
(2) Repair or replace as required.
e. Oil pressure regulator valve malfunction.
(1) Inspect for sticky or defective valve. Repair
or replace as required (WP 0074,
Damper/Oil Filter Housing Related Parts
f. Defective oil pump or obstructed oil pickup
(1) Remove oil pump and inspect pump and
screen (WP 0153, Oil Pump Assembly
g. Crankshaft bearing worn or damaged.
(1) Check for deposits in filter. If found,
disassemble engine, clean and repair as
required (WP 0178, Disassembly/Assembly
Procedure Sequence for the AVDS 1790-2
(2) Check for damage (WP 0139, Crankshaft
WP 0018 00-1