ENGINE ABNORMAL OIL PRESSURE
High oil level (overfull).
a. Overfilled in error.
(1) Drain to proper level.
b. Oil diluted with fuel.
(1) Refer to Malfunction 8 in this work
Oil diluted with fuel (evidenced by rising oil level, thin oil consistency).
a. Engine operating at idle for extended
(1) Drain oil and refill with proper oil (refer to
periods during cold weather.
(2) Avoid operating at idle for extended periods
during cold weather.
b. Fuel leakage at fuel injector nozzle body.
(1) Locate faulty nozzle as follows.
Operate engine at idle
Look for any signs of fuel leakage at
nozzle is defective.
Note any movement (jumping) of nozzle
in cylinder head (visually or by touch).
loose nozzle cap nut in
body or collapsed
nozzle holder spring.
Nozzle is defective.
b. (Continued) Fuel leakage at fuel injector
(2) Repair or replace nozzle assembly
(WP 0114, Fuel Injector Nozzle
c. Engine fuel supply pump shaft seal leak.
(1) Repair or replace pump assembly
(WP 0047, Fuel Pump Replacement (2CA
& 2DA), use (WP 0048 for 2DR).
d. Fuel injection pump internal fuel leak into
(1) Replace fuel injection pump (WP 0115,
Fuel Injection Pump Assembly
Excessive oil consumption (150:1 fuel-to-oil ratio maximum).
a. Loss of oil due to leaks.
(1) Inspect engine for oil leaks. Repair as
b. Oil level overfull.
(1) Refer to WP 0031, Engine Oil Replacement.
WP 0018 00-3