WIRING HARNESS AND CABLE REPAIR
REPLACEMENT OF CONNECTORS (Continued)
Disassembly of Typical Female-Type Panel Mounting Receptacle
1. Using electric heat gun (item 63, WP 0176), heat and remove boot (A) from rear of nut (B).
2. Remove nut (B) from shell (C) and slide nut (B) over cable (D).
3. Drive socket contacts (E) out through rear of shell (C) with socket extractors.
4. Unsolder or cut socket contacts (E) from cable leads (F).
Assembly of Typical Female-Type Panel Mounting Receptacle
1. Strip the insulation of leads (F) equal to depth of wells in socket contacts (E).
2. Insert leads (F) into wells in socket contacts (E) and or crimp leads (F) to contacts (E).
3. Push socket contacts (E) into shell (C) from rear until seated.
4. Install nut (B) on shell (C).
5. Apply a thin coat of adhesive (item 1, WP 0173) to boot (A).
6. Install boot (A) on nut (B).
WP 0056 00-16