OIL SAMPLING VALVE REPLACEMENT (2DR)
All parts must be inspected with care.
Replace parts if damage or wear exceeds
1. See WP 0028 for Standard Inspection
2. Assure that activation handle (9) of oil
sampling valve (7) is secure. If handle is
loose or damaged, replace valve.
3. Inspect oil sampling valve (7) for opening
and closing action. Valve must open and
close freely; if not, replace valve.
4. Check that valve does not leak. Replace any
valve that leaks.
Make sure oil sampling valve lever is parallel to oil filter cover and
that protective cap is installed and secured on sampling valve. Failure
to properly position oil sampling valve lever and secure protective cap
may result in loss of engine oil and equipment damage.
1. Install oil sampling valve (7) in cover (8).
2. Install vent cap screw (2).
a. Apply lubricant (item 21, WP 0173) to
threads of cap screw (2) and install with
flat washer (3) and new seal washer (4)
(item 158, WP 0175).
b. Torque-tighten vent cap screw (2) to
125-150 inch-pounds (14-17 Nm).
Failure to properly tighten drain
valve can result in damage to
engine. Valve must not be over
tightened, nor under tightened.
3. Apply lubricant to threads of drain plug (5)
and torque-tighten to 150 inch-pounds
END OF WORK PACKAGE
WP 0071 00-2