MANIFOLD HEATER ASSEMBLY AND RELATED PARTS REPLACEMENT 0088 00
1. See Work Package 0028 for General
Cleaning Solvent, Compressed Air
2. Check that nozzle (46) orifice is clean (use
cleaning solvent (item 8, WP 0173), do not
use any type of probe). Use compressed air
to blow through nozzle from inlet end.
Observe that atomization occurs.
All parts must be inspected with care. Replace parts if damage or wear exceeds allowable
1. See Work Package 0028 for General Inspection Procedures.
2. Inspect inlet and outlet ports of fuel inlet
solenoid (27) and fuel return solenoid (16).
If felt filters are found, remove and discard
them. Felt filters are not required and should
Inlet Port (hidden)
The flame heater spark plug can be cleaned in the same manner as
any automotive spark plug.
3. Check spark plug (9) gap.
a. Set spark plug (9) gap to
0.094-0.114 inch (2.3876-2.8956 mm).
WP 0088 00-9