ROCKER ARM ASSEMBLY AND COVER REPLACEMENT
1. See Work Package 0028 for General Cleaning Procedures.
All parts must be inspected with care. Replace parts if damage or wear exceeds allowable
1. See Work Package 0028 for General Inspection Procedures.
Specific repair procedures for the rocker arm and cover are in WP
1. Rotate crankshaft until camshaft lobes (30)
for intake and exhaust valves are pointed
towards the crankshaft (base circle up).
2. Apply a light film of sealant (item 33,
WP 0173) on mating surface of valve rocker
arm cover (11).
3. Assure that identifying numbers on rocker
arm cover and cylinder match.
4. Assure that camshaft bearing half is installed
5. Position rocker arm cover (11) in place over dowel pins (29) and tap gently to seat cover.
a. Assure that lip of inter-cylinder sleeves (6) are not folded under rocker arm cover (11).
WP 0104 00-10