FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE REPLACE/REPAIR
8. Assure that drilled passages in spacer (11) are not obstructed. Reject if any found obstruction
cannot be cleared.
9. Inspect spring (24) for cracks and evidence of wear. Reject if found.
10. Inspect sleeve (23) for cracks, and for evidence of discoloration due to excessive heat. Reject
11. Inspect seat (29), seat (25), shims (30), and spacer ring (31) for cracks, scratches, and evidence
of pounding. Reject if found.
12. Inspect body (6) and retainer (2) for cracks, burrs, nicks, and raised metal. Inspect sealing
surfaces for scratches and discoloration. Inspect threaded areas and tapped openings for
stripped or damaged threads. Reject if found.
13. Inspect nut (10) and fuel inlet fitting (5) for nicks, burrs, raised metal surfaces, and cracks.
Inspect threaded area inside nut (10) for stripped or damaged threads. Inspect the gasket area
on end of nut (10) for deep scratches. Reject if found.
WP 0114 00-12