CYLINDER ASSEMBLY REPAIR
1. See WP 0028 for Standard Cleaning
2. Remove heavy carbon deposits from
combustion chamber with a scraper or blunt
tool that will not nick or scratch the surface.
Remove only the heavy carbon deposits.
Surface need not be cleaned to a mirror
3. Clean carbon from fuel injector nozzle seat
using nozzle carbon cutter (17) (item 33,
Carbon-Removing Compound is mildly toxic
Avoid inhalation of fumes. Provide adequate ventilation.
Avoid contact with skin.
Use goggles, rubber gloves, and rubber apron
If compound is splashed on skin, flush with fresh water and wash with
alcohol. Alcohol containing 2 to 3 percent camphor is preferred.
4. Soak cylinder assembly (1) in carbon-removing compound (item 7, WP 0173) to remove
carbon and other foreign material from dome and valve ports.
All parts must be inspected with care. Replace parts if damage or wear exceeds allowable limits.
1. See WP 0028 for Standard Inspection Procedures.
2. Inspect cylinder (1) bore (A).
a. Replace any cylinder whose bore (A) has excessive scratches, scoring, or ring ridge.
b. Replace any cylinder whose bore (A) is glazed or smooth.
WP 0135 00-5