PISTONS, RINGS, AND ASSOCIATED PARTS REPLACE/REPAIR
10. Inspect piston pin (7).
a. Check diameter of piston pins (7) against limits specified below.
Sizes and Fits of New Parts
A (Diameter of pin)
Fit of pin to bore
Cleaning solvent is mildly toxic. Solvent evaporates and both the
fumes and liquid are flammable. Continued contact with solvent
can cause skin problems.
Ensure there is good airflow when using solvent, and work area is
away from heat and flames.
Keep fire extinguisher nearby.
Do not breathe solvent fumes.
Avoid skin contact. See Warning in front of Manual.
1. Remove minor burrs, nicks or scratches from pistons (4) with crocus cloth (item 9,
2. Replace pistons (4) that are distorted, cracked, worn, or abraded.
3. Replace pistons (4) if oil holes in the ring grooves cannot be cleared or if lands are
damaged or broken.
4. Replace pistons (4) that are badly burred or scratched.
5. Replace piston rings (1, 2, 3, or 4) that are scuffed, chipped, scratched, or showing signs of
6. Replace oil control rings (3) if drain holes cannot be cleared.
WP 0142 00-10