CAMSHAFT, DRIVE GEARS, AND ASSOCIATED PARTS REPLACEMENT
5. Inspect drive housing (18).
a. Visually inspect drive housing (18).
(1) Reject for nicks, scratches, or raised metal on contact surfaces that would prevent
sealing to mating pieces. Mark minor damage for repair.
(2) Look for missing or damaged studs and inserts. Mark for repair.
b. Measure and record inside diameter (A) (camshaft opening) of drive housing (18).
(1) Reject drive housing if dimension is larger than 2.5015 inches (63.5381 mm).
(2) Dimension will be used for fit to large journal on end of camshaft (10).
c. Measure diameter (B) of large journal on end of camshaft (10).
(1) Reject camshaft (10) if diameter is smaller than 2.4960 inches (63.3984 mm).
d. Calculate fit of camshaft (10) to drive housing (18).
(1) Subtract dimension (B) of step 5c from dimension (A) of step 5b.
(2) Fit must not be looser than 0.0060 inch (0.1524 mm).
WP 0146 00-7