(8) Apply cutting oil to reamer and ream hole until reamer bottoms out in bore.
(9) Remove reamer.
(10) Remove shavings with ST-1271 -11 chip remover.
(11) Reinstall reamer and reream to ensure bore is completely reamed.
(12) Remove reamer.
(13) Insert tool no. 3376007 tap in pilot bushing.
(14) Slide stop collar over tap.
(15) Place thread insert to be installed, between top of pilot bushing and bottom of stop collar on tap.
(16) Adjust stop collar to rest on top of insert.
(17) Tighten setscrew in stop collar.
(18) Install drive adapter on tap and secure adapter to 3/4 in. (19.05 mm) hand drill.
(19) Apply cutting oil to tap and start drill.
(20) Carefully tap hole until stop collar is within 1/8 in. to 1/4 in. (3.175 to 6.350 mm) from pilot bushing.
(21) Remove drill drive adapter and tap.
(22) Clean shavings from hole with chip remover.