(4) Adjust tool bit until point just clears end of guide screw. Tighten setscrews.
(5) Place tool bit holder into special bushing in rod bore.
(6) Rotate adjusting screw up or down until tool bit just engages bore.
(7) Tighten setscrew in end of guide screw holder to secure guide screw.
(8) Insert ratchet into top of tool holder and rotate holder one complete turn.
(9) Loosen guide setscrew and back out screw one turn.
(10) Rotate tool holder one more complete turn.
(11) Remove ratchet and tool holder.
(12) Measure chamfer depth. Must be uniform to 0.020 0.030 in. (0.508 0.762 mm).
(13) Continue process until proper depth is reached.
(14) Remove tool holder.
(15) Turn rod over and chamfer other side of bore to same depth.
(16) Remove tool holder and special bushing.
(17) Remove any sharp edges with emery cloth.
MINERAL SPIRTS ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
(18) Wash rod in mineral spirits before installing piston pin bushing.