e. Bore rod piston pin bushing.
This procedure only applies to boring of oversize (thick wall) bushings. Standard
size bushings are not reamed or bored after installation.
(1) Fill oil hole in bushing with bar soap to keep out metal shavings.
(2) Mount connecting rod in No.
3375115 boring machine, following instructions which are furnished with
(3) Bore bushing off center to restore rod to original 11.998 to 12.000 in. (304.749 to 304.800 mm) length.
(4) Bore inside diameter to 2.001 to 2.0015 in. (50.825 to 50.8381 mm).
(5) Remove rod from machine.
(6) Check diameter with dial bore gage.
(7) Remove sharp edge with a scraper.
(8) Remove shavings and soap.
COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30
PSI (207 KPA). USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
MINERAL SPIRITS ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
(9) Wash rod in mineral spirits and dry with compressed air.
ALL CONNECTING RODS SHOULD BE SAME PART NUMBER. DO NOT ATTEMPT
TO INTERCHANGE CAPS.
(10) Recheck all dimensions on rebuilt and rebored rod on checking fixture. Ensure that all specifications are
met (table 3-3).
Change 1 3-139