(3) Perform crack inspection of valve using Magnaglo method:
(a) No magnetic indications over 1/2 in. (12.70 mm) in length or more than 5 indications spaced closer
than 1/8 in. (3.18 mm) can be accepted in area 1.
Visible means indication can be seen with a 3 power magnifying glass after
removing magnetic particle suspension.
(b) No visible or magnetic indication accepted in area 2.
(c) No visible or circumferential magnetic indications are accepted in areas 3 and 4.
(d) No visible or magnetic indication is accepted in area 5.
(4) Mark valves to be reground.
j. Cylinder head mounting surface and water holes inspection.
(1) Check head for scratches, grooves, or unevenness at point where it contacts gasket sealing areas.
(2) Mark head for surface refinishing if defects found.
(3) Check water holes for maximum depth erosion of 0.003 in. (0.076 mm) up to 5/32 in. (3.97 mm) from edge
of water hole.
(4) Mark eroded holes for installation of salvage sleeves.