(16) Allow cutter to dwell for approximately 10 seconds upon reaching proper depth to ensure a flat seating
(17) Stop drill and disengage from drive shaft.
(18) Loosen feed engaging knob.
(19) Remove capscrew and washer securing insert tool to head.
(20) Lubricate seat insert with engine oil and carefully tap insert into head.
OVER-PEENING WITH PUNCH MAY CRACK CYLINDER HEAD.
A 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) punch may be used to peen insert in place at four places.
(21) Place ST-1124-1 valve seat insert staking tool over pilot and set assembly on valve seat insert.
(22) Place ST-1122 insert staking tool driver over shaft of staking tool.
(23) Ensure that staking tool is even on face of cylinder head.
(24) Strike driver one or two solid blows with ball-peen hammer.
(25) Remove staking tool and driver.
(26) Clean insert area thoroughly.
3-178 Change 1