3-34. INSPECT ROCKER LEVER HOUSING ASSEMBLY
a. Inspect housing and shaft.
(1) Inspect all capscrew holes for damaged threads.
(2) Inspect housing for cracks, breaks, chips, uneven gasket surfaces, distortions, and broken out areas.
Discard housing if cracked, distorted or broken.
(3) Inspect entrance of shaft bores for sharp edges, nicks, or burrs. Bores should have slight radius. Mark
housing for repair if defects found.
COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30 PSI
(207 KPA). USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
(4) Check breather vent hole and lever oil passage hole to ensure they are free of dirt or deposits.
compressed air through holes to clear out any foreign matter.
(5) Measure inside diameter of rocker lever shaft bores in housing. Discard housing if diameter not within
1.1238 1.1246 in. (28.5445 28.5648 mm).