(3) Tap punch to side to force plug out of hole.
(4) Use pliers (if necessary) to pull plug from hole. Discard plug.
(5) With suitable mandrel, press both shafts out of opposite end of housing. This forces expansion cup plug
out of housing bore. Discard plug.
Tag cam follower for position to ensure correct reassembly.
(6) Remove cam follower levers.
3-39. INSPECT CAM FOLLOWER HOUSING ASSEMBLY
a. Inspect shafts.
COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30 PSI
(207 KPA). USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
MINERAL SPIRITS ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
(1) Dip shafts in mineral spirits and dry with compressed air.
(2) Carefully check shafts around lockscrew end to ensure oil grooves are clean.
(3) Check shafts for cracks, breaks, and galling. Discard if defects found.
(4) Measure diameter of shaft at various points along its length for wear and out-of-round.
(5) Discard shaft if diameter less than 0.748 in. (18.999 mm).