b. Assemble cam follower housing assembly.
(1) Position housing so that dowel pin alinement holes are at top of housing.
(2) Apply coat of engine oil to lever bushing and place follower levers in position with push tube sockets facing
upward. Ensure that injector lever is in center position in each assembly.
(3) Apply coat of engine oil to shafts and slide them into housing.
Substitute lockbolt is installed to temporarily secure shaft to housing. This
prevents lockscrew breakage when expansion cup plugs are pressed into housing
(4) Install substitute lockbolt into housing to temporarily secure shafts.
(5) Apply light coat of retaining compound to housing expansion cup plug bore.
(6) With ST-1053 plug driving mandrel (end marked 175831), press new plugs into housing.
(7) Check that plug is flush to 0.010 in. (0.254 mm) below edge of hole.
(8) Remove substitute bolt and install shaft lockscrews.
(9) Wipe assembly clean.