(1) Remove paint with fine (240 grit) emery
cloth from front and rear surfaces of
damper at four equally spaced areas.
Avoid areas with stamped lettering.
(2) Measure and record thickness of damper
at each of the equally spaced areas
approximately 0.125 in. (3.175 mm) from
outside edge of front cover plate.
(3) Replace damper if variations of four
dimensions exceed 0.010 in. (0.254 mm).
(4) Spray damper with Spotcheck Developer,
(5) Place damper in oven heated to 200 F
(93C) for 15 minutes.
USE GLOVES TO PROTECT HANDS FROM BURNS.
HANDLE DAMPER WITH
(6) Remove damper from oven.
(7) Inspect for oil smudges or fluid leakage.
(8) Replace damper if smudges or leakage is detected.
d. Inspect pulley.
Pulley is not repairable. If inspection shows defects, replace pulley.
(1) Check pulley grooves for chips or cracks.
(2) Check gr ooves for wear with new belt. Belt must not bottom in groove.
(3) Discard pulley if defective.